Sealing Wax Beads are ideal for you if you prefer a wickless easy-to-use sealing wax. This wax is the same composition as our Glue Gun Wax and is completely flexible and mailable.
Paper & Decorative Applications:
For individual impressions on Paper, simply melt 5 to 6 Beads in a Melting Spoon over a flame (a candle will do but you can also use our Mini Hurricane Lamp Burner , which has a slightly stronger flame than a candle for faster melting). It is then easily dripped on to your envelope or paper, using the same melting spoon.
For larger projects the use of a Melting Pot is recommended- please see our options on the Sealing Accessories Page.
For Wine Bottle Sealing:
The Wine Seal Waxes can be applied via the following methods:
1. Directly onto the recessed cork with a hot melt applicator in an automated bottling system.
2. Directly manually onto the recessed cork utilizing a hot melt glue gun.
3. Directly onto the neck of the bottle by means of manual dipping
4.) Other Decorative Applications such as on the Labels or with added decorative tags.
· The wax is easy to peel off the bottle top at room temperature as well as chilled wine serving conditions.
· Our Wax adheres to natural, synthetic, and one-by-one cork types. Can be applied as a plain wax seal or embossed with a logo or image.
· . Provides a distinctive appearance to the bottle by being specially formulated to allow for an even layer of wax to be applied to the bottle.
Applied directly onto the cork - Wine Bottle Sealing Wax is normally applied in a manner similar to a hot melt adhesive, utilizing a state-of-the-art high efficiency production line uniquely designed for this application, or applied manually onto the recessed cork utilizing a hot melt glue gun. The suggested wax application temperature is 200 °F to 270 °F (93 °C to 132 °C). One pound of wax will seal approximately 450 bottles.
Applied directly onto the bottle neck - Hand dipping Wine Bottle Sealing Wax is normally applied by dipping the bottle top into a molten tank of wax. The suggested wax application temperature is 275 °F to 300 °F (135 °C to 148 °C). One pound of wax will seal approximately 25 to 30 750ml bottles.
The Wine Bottle Sealing Wax conforms with Federal Regulations 21 CFR 175.105 and 21 CFR 178.3297.
Each 1 lb Bag makes approximately 400 average size impressions (3/4") .